World Wildlife Day Art Competition
The theme for World Wildlife Day 2022 is ‘Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration.’ The theme seeks to highlight the most critically endangered species of wild fauna and flora and their role in ecosystems. The theme will also highlight the impact of conservation efforts and promote best practice examples where species were brought back from the brink, and it will seek to identify new solutions to conserve and sustainably use other species of wildlife.
Since all species in an ecosystem are crucial, this year’s World Wildlife Day will focus on highlighting the need for conservation of critically endangered species. As such, the Guyana Wildlife Conservation and Management Commission (GWCMC) is coordinating an Art Competition which would allow Primary school children to creatively display their interpretation of the World Wildlife Day theme.
Please see guidelines for the Art Competition below:
- The Competition is open only to Primary school students across Guyana.
- All artwork must represent the theme: “Recovering key species for ecosystem restoration”
- Entries must be submitted on paper or cardboard
- Artwork should be in colour (wax and pencil crayons or other art supplies may be used).
- No computer-generated graphics are allowed.
- Entries will be judged on: originality, creativity and relevance to the theme.
- Each participant must submit ONLY ONE piece of artwork.
- Participants must put the following information at the back of your artwork: Name, Gender, Age, Grade, School, Email (if available) and contact number/s.
- A brief description of no more than 50 words on a separate sheet MUST be submitted along with each entry.
- Entries must be submitted to the Guyana Wildlife Conservation and Management Commission, Ganges Street, Sophia.
The deadline for submission is Friday, March 4, 2022 at 15:00 h.
Entries not adhering to the guidelines will not be judged.
What you can WIN!
- Wanderlust Adventures Tour for Two
- Blackwater Adventures Tour for Two
- Mahaica River Tour for Two